THE DAILY STAKES INC.
What Information We Collect:
Information Collected Directly From You:
When you visit and/or use our Site, we may collect information from you, including but not limited to, the following:
- your first and last name;
- your title and your company’s name;
- your home, billing, or other physical address (including street name, name of a city or town, state/province, postal code);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number;
- your educational background, employment experience, and job interest (for job applicants submitting information electronically);
- physical characteristics or description (e.g., if you voluntarily submit a photo to your login page)
- any other identifier that permits TDS to make physical or online contact with you; and
- any information that TDS collects online from you and maintains in association with your account, such as: (a) your username, (b) your password, and/or (c) your credit card account information.
TDS may also collect Personal Information from individuals (with their consent) at conventions, trade shows and expositions.
Information Collected Automatically:
As you use and access our Site, we and our service providers (which are third party companies that work on our behalf to provide and enhance the Site) may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect information, including but not limited to:
- Usage Information. Please be aware that our Site collects usage data, such as the source address from which a page request originates (i.e., your IP address, domain name, type of computer), date and time of the page request, the referring web site (if any), and other parameters in the URL (e.g., search criteria). We use this data, for instance, to better understand our Site usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our Site users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas). This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting. It is not attributed to you as an individual (i.e., log files are not associated with any particular user, computer, or browser).
- Location Information. We collect and process general information about the location of the device from which you are accessing the Site (e.g., approximate geographic location inferred from an IP address).
- Web Beacons. Web beacons (also known as “web bugs”) are small strings of code that provide a method of delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an e-mail message for the purpose of transferring data. We may use web beacons (or clear GIFs) on our Site or include them in the e-mail messages we send you for many purposes, including site traffic reporting, unique visitor counts, advertising e-mail auditing and reporting, and personalization. Information gathered through web beacons may be linked to your Personal Information.
- IP Addresses and Log Files. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number assigned to each computer on a network to identify your computer every time you log on to the Internet. We may keep track of IP addresses to troubleshoot technical concerns and to maintain the safety and security of our Site, such as by reviewing your IP address in combination with your Personal Information for credit fraud protection and risk reduction. In addition, we may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer this Site, track traffic patterns, and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
Use of Personal Information
TDS collects and uses Personal Information to operate and improve its Site and deliver the services or carry out the transactions you have requested. These uses may include providing you with more effective customer service; making the Site or services easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our products, services and technologies; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences. Specific circumstances may include when:
- you make purchases of products or services. If you request something from the Site (for example, a product or service, a callback, or specific marketing materials), we will use the information you provide to fulfill your request;
- you request support for TDS products or services;
- you create a user account (e.g., login user name and password) on the Site;
- you request information or materials (e.g., whitepapers or newsletters);
- you participate in surveys and evaluations. As part of a transaction, we may contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes;
- you participate in promotions, contests or giveaways, which we may offer from time to time;
- physical characteristics or description (e.g., if you voluntarily submit a photo to your login page)
- you apply for a job, or submit your resume to TDS; or
- you submit questions or comments to us.
We also use your Personal Information to communicate with you. We may elect at our discretion, but are under no obligation to, send certain necessary service communications such as welcome letters, billing reminders, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. Some of TDS’ services may send periodic member letters that are considered part of the service. We may also contact you to inform you of other products or services available from TDS and its affiliates. Personal Information collected on the Site and services may be stored and processed in Canada and the United States, and by using the Site, product or service, you consent to any such transfer of information. We may anonymize or aggregate Personal Information and share it with third parties for any purpose, including to better understand users’ activity on our Site and provide services to our visitors.
Sharing With Third Parties:
We may disclose and/or share your information under the following circumstances:
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may share the information we collect within TDS with third parties.
- Service Providers. We may provide access to or share your information with select entities that use the information only to perform services on our behalf. These service providers provide a variety of services to us, including without limitation, processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, performing statistical analysis of our services, administering of promotions, sweepstakes, surveys, providing marketing assistance or similar such services, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and other services. These companies will be permitted to obtain only the Personal Information they need to deliver the service, are required to maintain the confidentiality of the Personal Information, and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
- Business Partners. Some services of TDS may be co-branded and offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, both TDS and the other company may receive information collected as part of the co-branded services.
- Direct Marketing. We may share the information with third party partners to provide you with information, including marketing, about services that we think you might want and to promote TDS’ products and services to you.
When you exercise choice through these tools, you will still receive advertising but that advertising may be less relevant to you. After you make your choices, data will no longer be collected from your browser or device for interest-based advertising on that browser or device, or associated browsers or devices. Additionally, data from those associated browsers and devices will not be used for interest-based advertising on the browser or device for which you made your choices. Data may still be collected for other purposes, such as analytics, reporting, and research. If you delete your cookies, reset your mobile identifier, or use multiple browsers or devices, you will need to register your opt-out choices again.
Website Analytics and Do-Not-Track:
- Website Analytics. We may use third-party web analytics services on our Site to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; and provide certain features to you. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here.
- Notice Concerning Do Not Track. Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information collected on our Site for third party purposes. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated DNT signals. To learn more about Do Not Track, you can do so here.
Unaffiliated Third Parties on the Site:
TDS provides a number of ways for you to “opt-out” of receiving additional information from us or having us provide your Personal Information to our partners. We may offer you these choices at the time you give us your information.
If you do not wish to continue receiving certain marketing materials (e.g., email messages), you can opt-out of receiving these materials by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the materials. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering orders, contracts, support, product safety warnings, software updates, or other administrative and transactional notices.
For additional information about our privacy practices and additional rights you may have please click on the appropriate link for your jurisdiction:
How to Update Your Information:
- Email Newsletters: Should your email address change, you may manage your subscription by unsubscribing to our newsletter and re-subscribing with your new email address.
- Specialized Areas: Specialized areas of our Site that require you to register may identify, at the point of collection, the ways available for you to update your information.
- Generally: At any time, you may update your information by e-mailing us at email@example.com
Safeguarding Your Personal Information:
We recognize industry standards and employ security safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and misuse. We use the most accurate and current information you provide in order to process your request.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to the Site. Any transmission of information, including Personal Information, is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on this Site.
If a password is used to help protect your accounts and Personal Information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential. Do not share this information with anyone. If you are sharing a computer with anyone or using a public computer, you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
Links to Other Sites:
For Questions or Concerns:
NOTICE TO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS:
THE SITE IS INTENDED FOR ADULTS. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY OR INTENTIONALLY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY, WHETHER 18 OR 21. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY, WHETHER 18 OR 21, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THEDAILYSTAKES. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY, WHETHER 18 OR 21 WHO HAS PROVIDED US WITH INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AND WE WILL REMOVE THE INFORMATION. BY USING THIS SITE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE.